Wouldn’t it be great to have another set of hands to help with your DIY projects? Well, now you do!
FixerSisters is the online community where women DIYers help other women DIYers.
How does it work?
- Think of a project (we call them ‘fixes’) you’d like to have help with.
- Determine about how long the fix will take and how much help you’ll need. (Check out our FixKits, toolkits that tell you which tools you’ll need and how much time your fixes will take.)
- Decide what date and time work best for your fix.
- Write a quick description of your fix, and post it on the FixerSisters calendar.
What happens next?
- FixerSisters in your area check out the calendar and RSVP for the fixes they want to help with.
- You get an email whenever anyone signs up to help with your fix.
- Check out the profiles of the sisters who offered to help to determine which ones are the best fit for your project.
- Approve the Helpers you select, and decline the others.
(Don’t worry, sisters who aren’t selected are just notified that your fix is full.)
- Your Helpers get an email letting them know they’re scheduled to help with your fix. It includes your location, contact information and any other details you provided.
- Host your fix! You and your Helpers complete your project.
- Post pics in the FixerSisters Facebook Group or tag us on Instagram to encourage other sisters to tackle their projects.
- Pay it forward: Check out the calendar, and offer to help another sister with her fix.
Questions? Check out these FAQS
- How much do I have to pay the sisters who help with my fixes?
- Nothing. FixerSisters is a labor co-op platform. Sisters pay to use the site, but no money changes hands. Ever.
- How many fixes do I get to do a month? Is there a limit?
- There is no limit to the number of fixes you can host or help with.
What kind of projects can I ask for help with?
Fix categories include:
- Assembly (we see you, Ikea)
- Clean & Organize
- And more!